Wednesday 9 January 2013

New Header



Decided to add a header to my blog.
It's the same kind of idea I want to apply to my CV
Having thumbnails of my Characters.


I will change at least 2 of these as I don't have that many 'finished' looking drawings of my own characters, but for now these will do; I will tell you a bit 'bout them as well.


The first one is Aiden P.Kin
He's a grim reaper I created back in 2010. I was writing a short story for Halloween based on him, and have drawn him every year since. This image is from 2012's annual drawing.
his name was meant to be a play on the words -A Pumpkin- ...I know... I'm hilarious...

The next is a revamp of my Zombie character Ray. First designed to be a very simple character I could make in 3D. A combination of wanting to redesign him a bit and actually being able to draw better lead to this.

The 3rd one is a character called Yeshin. Over the summer of 2012 I had the idea of creating characters which were in a band, or more accurately, a Korean Pop boy group. 
Yeshin, real name Shin Yehgyun, is the youngest of the 5 member group; the others being Jongsoo, Sam, Kaeil and Dongmin. I picked Yeshin to put in my header just because I think this is the best drawing of the 5 realistic ones I did of all the members.

Lastly is Lock, the character in the animation I'm working on now. A vigilanty/ serial killer who gets caught up in a gang after he unknowingly kills one of their members.


I realise I'm not very creative when it comes to thinking of different styles to draw characters in. (Like my tutors say, I have a container character I keep reusing). But I like drawing humans and I still think I manage to have some diversity it their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment