Monday 21 October 2013

Monday Update

As you know I've finished my animation now.
So my plan is to take a break for a bit, mainly because the game Team Fortress 2 has an annual event on around Halloween which I look forward to every year so will be playing that a lot once it's started.

But there are a few things I stopped working on, (writing mainly) which I will starting up again afterwards.
I will talk more about them when I try and make a plan for myself and start them.

A small note also is that I haven't been drawing referenced sketches at all lately, it's all been just drawing random faces and trying out new styles. So my Friday REFdump will be ending in a few weeks; unless I manage to do a few more between now and then, but I'm not sure if I'm in the mood to do referenced drawings at the moment.

Hopefully however other areas will see more work coming towards them as I have so much free time. Also I will probably getting on with a commission before my break which, if I do actually do it instead of getting distracted, will be up this Sunday.

Less work related, i have so many lose drawings (I use to doodle in sketchbook, but now I just love using free bits of A4 paper.) and I realised I need a much better way to organise them. I have big piles of about 500 drawings each which include random doodle, ZERO art, portraits and character designs. If I want to find a certain piece it takes some time, so I want to group everything together and need somewhere to put them. I've been looking at paper storage units and although IKEA has some nice ones, they aren't quite what I'm looking for.
Thinking about portraits actually, I haven't drawn a really detailed one which has taken a good deal of time doing for a while. I still do one each month but they have been forced and quick. So I definitely need to get back into doing them.
Maybe not 'Portrait a Day' but at least trying to get my skill level back up in that area, I really feel as though it's suffered a bit.


Well with a lot I can do I'm not gonna go bored for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment