Monday 30 January 2012

Weekly Update

Not very weekly but oh well.
Last week we were just doing life drawing. thought it'd be just like how I had done it before, experimenting with different techniques, having to draw in the weirdest and most awkward ways possible. A few I had done before, but there were a few newer methods. Mainly our more 'animation' based method. First we had 5 minutes to draw a pose, then he moved and we drew on top of the existing drawing we had. and kept doing this until we only had 1 minute to draw the pose. I think I only really liked 1 of the drawings we did like this, I just kind of got lost within the lines I had already drawn so the others were more of a mess. Next we only had a minute to draw a walk pose, then 45 seconds, then 30....10.. and 5.
As fun as that was to do my drawings became stick figures by the time we were on to the 5 second poses.

Then we had the 'final piece' as it were, the final drawing on the last day. Which I did enjoy, I did it in the style of Mode 2, but mainly in the sense of the tone of the drawing, I wanted to do it on cardboard at first but didn't find any, but what i did work on turned out to be better than I thought, and in the end i was quite happy with not using cardboard.

Throughout the week I think I actually prefered my drawings from the start of the week; probably because we used charcoal and i really like the marks you can make using it. The rest were either a mess or just annoying to draw (I can't see the good side with drawing/ painting with a stick)

Now on to the next project i guess, I have a few ideas for an Esting, but I think I'm making it more complicated than I need to. Oh well, time to watch a few idents, will post what I look at soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment