Monday 29 July 2013

Blog Plan

I am wanting to get back into posting on here, but I also don't like forcing myself to do art when I don't feel like it, so this plan isn't exact... you'll see what I mean.

I have a few different series I do, the main one is a reference sketchdump where I do portraits quickly. I post it on Fridays.
My portrait a day stuff (which even if I'm not doing a Portrait a day I sometimes post on Fridays there too for Moleskin pages.) will remain on that blog.

One I have recently decided to start is to do another sketchdump where I randomly doodle instead of using references. So I want to make that a series as well.
I have also started to referenced drawings but cartoon style (my other ones are still trying to be slightly realistic) which I may make into a series, because I have been doing a lot of them lately.

Even though I don't do many finished paiting/ drawings/ whatever I will start posting the ones I do, do here as well.
I am also writing again, and even though I also don't write a lot, I will start posting that too.

SO!
I have made a rough time plan


Monday- News/ Updates: as usual I will post any updates I think belongs on here (so I wont be telling you about my week or anything like that, more as if I have a big painting I'm working on or what ever).

Tuesday- DOODLEdump: I gave it a name! This will include a selection of random doodles I have done.

Wednesday- Character Work: Any of my original character related drawings I do will be posted today, finished or sketchy.

Thursday- Writing: Any writing I do for either of my stories (I have 2 going at the moment). I'm not sure how exactly I will go about doing this, Whether I post by chapter/ scene, or maybe even less than that because I don't have many of either at the moment. Also, if I do any random pieces of writing which may not be part of a proper story I'll also post.

Friday- REFdump: This is why I named the 2 different sketchdumps, so you know which is which.  So this will be any sketches I do using references of actual people.

Saturday- Fanart Cartoons: So this is where I will post referenced drawings which are done in my cartoon style. This may not seem like a big difference to REFdump, but you will see what I mean when I've posted the two.

Sunday- Finished: Any fully done, finished pieces of work. This includes Digital and traditional paintings or drawings. And even the rare ocassion where I may even do animations.... Which reminds me My blog title will change to 'Illustration Blog' now that my Animation course has finished.
Also I jsut though, if I ever get any commissions, I will also post them here on this day.


Now this is when I will be posting each type of art I do, but it doesn't mean I will be posting all of this every week. There may still be weeks I post nothing at all, and some weeks I may post on each day.
This is just to help me organise my blog, and maybe if I do keep up with a few of these you all will have something to look forward to (because my art is just that much fun to follow).
This is also so I don't flood my deviantART page with loads of sketches, which I have did over the weekend.

I will start with what I have recently put on deviantART and each sketchdump will only include 5 of the drawings I do, so I can space them out a bit more. So for the first few weeks I will be active but don't expect it to be at that level for too long, unless I am still this motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment